Enjoy a list of all the characters in the books. There are many characters who cross over into other kingdoms and have family that live in different kingdoms. But this list will be arranged from the kingdoms to which they were born.
Keep in mind as you read through this list, there is a huge risk of major spoilers if you have not read all the currently released books.
Northern Kingdom: Books 1-3
- The magic of the earth and only found in the Northern lands. Fae use fury to create illusions, bend the earth, heal the land, and control elements like wind, fire, and water.
- Fae folk who use fury
- People who lived under the reign of King Arvad with Night Folk. Enemies of Timoran.
- Descendants of the raiders of King Eli.
- The Raider King. Eli brought his armies to the kingdom of Etta from the icy lands of Old Timoran, and overthrew the fae palace, Ravenspire, and entrapped the Ferus family. Eli claimed the throne and renamed Etta to New Timoran.
- The fae king who held the throne of Etta during the Timoran Raids. Arvad ascended the throne after the death of his mother. Father to Sol, Herja, and Valen. Husband to Lilianna Ferus.
- A Timoran huntress who once served the courts of Eli’s father. Queen of Etta. Mother to Sol, Herja, and Valen. Wife to King Arvad Ferus.
- A Night Folk fae in the Ferus courts during the raids. A close friend with Arvad and Lilianna, and the first knight of the kingdom during the reign of King Arvad. Father of Halvar Atra.
- A Night Folk fae in the Ferus courts during the raids. Close friend with Arvad and Lilianna, on the royal council and regent during the reign of King Arvad. Father to Torsten Bror.
- The Sun Prince. Eldest son of Arvad and Lilianna, and heir to the Ettan throne during the reign of his father. A dark fae with the fury to kill the land and poison anyone who steps upon the blight. Consort to Torsten Bror. Father to Aleksi Bror-Ferus in later books.
- The Ettan Princess. Second born of Arvad and Lilianna, and warrior in the Ettan armies during the reign of her father. A mortal child who went through förӓndra, when a mortal is changed to live out their days with the length of Night Folk. Consort to Hagen Strom. Mother to Gunnar Strom, Laila Strom, Dain and Metta (in later books)
- The Night Prince. Youngest child of Arvad and Lilianna. A Night Folk fae with the fury to bend the earth, a rare talent that is seen maybe every thousand years. King of New Etta. Husband to Elise Lysander. Father to Livia Ferus in later books.
- A pyre fae with the ability to create powerful flames. When connected with Sol’s dark blight, it creates a devouring flame that turns anyone to ash. Best friends with Sol and Halvar since boyhood. Son of Kjell. Consort to Sol Ferus. Father to Aleksi Bror-Ferus in later books.
- An air fae with the ability to create storm-like winds. Best friends with Sol and Torsten since boyhood. Son of Dagar. Husband to Kari. Father to Aesir and Selma in later books.
- Second daughter to Lief and Mara. Great-granddaughter and namesake to King Eli. An insignificant princess in the second royal household of New Timoran. Rebel, outlier, and upriser. Wife to Valen Ferus, and Queen of New Etta. Mother to Livia Ferus in later books.
- Grandson of King Eli, and king of New Timoran in Curse of Shadows and Thorns. Uncle to Elise and Runa, father to Calder, the heir to the Timoran throne.
- The sister of the king. Keeps the royal name to keep the Lysander name strong. Wife to Lief, mother to Runa and Elise. A princess with no voice.
- Brother-in-law to the king who took the name Lysander. Husband to Mara. Father to Runa and Elise
- Sister of Elise, and betrothed to her cousin Calder. Queen of Timoran after book one.
- A Timoran prince, and heir to the throne. Betrothed to his cousin Runa. King of Timoran after book one. Despises Night Folk and wants fury to only better Timorans.
- Trader in Mellanstrad township in New Timoran. Hired by King Zyben to be the dowry negotiator to Elise Lysander.
- Lady’s maid to Elise. An Ettan by birth, and secret true friend to her princess.
- Lady’s maid to Elise. An Ettan by birth, and secret Agitator for the rogue Night Folk and Ettans in Ruskig. Sent to murder Elise and her family, and became her friend instead. Wife of Mattis in later books.
- An Ettan carpenter in Mellanstrad. Friend to Elise Lysander, and warrior in the rebellion. Husband to Siverie in later books.
- Lysander House Steward. Great-uncle to Mattis. A secret Alver from the Eastern Kingdom, called an Elixist with the power to mix magically infused potions. Supporter of the Blood Wraith and the Guild of Shade.
The Blood Wraith:
- A murderer with red eyes who slaughters without thought. The leader of the Guild of Shade. Kidnapper of Elise Lysander.
Guild of Shade:
- Masked followers of the Blood Wraith. The main duo was responsible for saving Elise during an attack from their guild lead.
- The guards of Castle Ravenspire.
- Zyben’s wife.
Sven the Aleman:
- Owns an alehouse where the Guild of Shade and Blood Wraith claim when the curse takes hold.
- Captain in the Timoran Army. Loyal friend and supporter of Calder’s uprising. Seeks to take vows with Elise.
- Master of the Silent Valkyrie. Father of Jarl Magnus.
- Rebel “Peasant” King. A leader in Ruskig and the heart of the uprising of Night Folk fae and Ettan people against New Timoran. A fae with the power to create incredible illusions. Captor of the Blood Wraith and Guild of Shade. Friend to Elise and Valen Ferus. Ambassador to the Southern Kingdom. (more information will come when Den of Blades and Briars releases)
- Captive of Ravenspire. A water fae, thought to be part sea fae. Fury controls tides and streams. Joins the Blood Wraith as a member of the Guild of Shade. A warrior in the uprising.
- A captive of Ravenspire. An air fae and member of the Guild of Shade. A warrior in the uprising and member of Valen Ferus’s inner court.
- Member of Ari’s court in Ruskig.
- Warrior in Ari’s court in Ruskig. Grew up as a rebel Ettan most of his life. Member of Valen Ferus’s inner court and companion to the Southern Kingdom with Ari.
- Frey’s brother. Rescued in a slave trade. A member of the inner Ettan Court.
- Former Raven guard. Captive of Ruskig and eventual warrior for the uprising. Sister of Brant. Wife of Halvar Atra. Mother to Aesir and Selma. Knight in Valen Ferus’s court.
- Former Raven guard. Captive of Ruskig and warrior for the uprising. Discovered to be an Alver with a gift of visions. Brother of Kari.
- An Ettan elder in Ruskig. The man who performs Valen and Elise’s vows and coronation.
- A rebel who led Ettan and Night Folk refugees toward Ruskig. Once a trusted member of the uprising.
- A fae from Crispin’s refugee group. Loyal to Valen Ferus. Despises Timorans, including Elise.
- A fate worker trapped in the cells of Ravenspire. With a gift of writing fate she is the storyteller behind the curse of the Night Prince and will have her full story revealed in the final book.
- Son of Herja and Hagen. A prince and thief with the Guild of Kryv and Nightrender. A Hypnotik Alver (magic of the East) with the power to command the mind to obey. But with an added touch of Night Folk blood to command elements. He never misses a shot with his arrow. Betrothed to Eryka.
- Daughter of Herja and Hagen.
The Eastern Kingdom (books 4-6)
The Black Palace:
- Home of the Grym family. The Overlords of the east, and home to the wicked Masque av Aska.
- The Black Palace guards.
- People with magic
- The Eastern Kingdom magic system. The power over the central nervous system/body.
- There are different Talents:
- Profetiks: power over the senses like hearing, eyesight, or even visions.
- Mediski: Healers.
- Elixists: Poison/potion masters.
- Hypnotiks: Power over the mind, they can take control of thoughts and actions.
- Rifters: Power over pain receptors. They can break bodies.
- Anomalies: Unique Alvers with a combination of talents. The most feared and dangerous.
- A guild of thieves in one of the Eastern Regions. Led by Niklas and Junius.
The Guild of Kryv:
- Guild of thieves led by the Nightrender.
- Raum: A Profetik Alver with the gift of inhuman sight.
- Vali: A Profetik Alver with the gift of inhuman hearing
- Ash: A Rifter Alver. Brother to Hanna
- Hanna: An Anomali Alver with the same mesmer as Hagen to block magic. Mute sister to Ash.
- Tova: A Mediski Alver with cat eyes.
- Fiske: A Profetik Alver with the gift of visions. Husband to Isak.
- Isak: A Hypnotik Alver with the gift of darkening the mind. Husband to Fiske.
- Lynx: A Hypnotik Alver with the gift of calming the mind into sleep.
- Gunnar: See above
- An Anomali Alver with the power to control and kill with fear. A dealmaker and thief. Leader to of the Guild of Kryv. Childhood sweetheart and husband of Malin Strom. Father to Jonas and Sander in later books.
- An Anomali Alver with the power to steal memories. Adopted daughter of House Strom, but kept hidden and insignificant. Sister to Hagen Strom and Bard Strom. Heir to the Eastern Kingdom. Childhood sweetheart and wife of Kase Eriksson. Mother of Jonas and Sander in later books.
- Eldest son of House Strom. An Anomali Alver with the power to block magic. Consort to Herja Ferus. Father to Gunnar, Laila, Dain, and Metta (eventually). Brother to Bard and Malin Strom. Captive of the Masque av Aska.
- Second son of House Strom. A Rifter Alver. Brother to Malin and Hagen.
- Adopted father of Malin, Hagen, and Bard. A nobleman in the Eastern Kingdom. Master of Ceremonies of the Masque av Aska. An Alver with the ability to tie the tongue so people cannot speak truths he doesn’t want them to speak. The safe haven for the hunted royal line of the East.
- Falkyn Guild Lead. Friend/Mentor of Nightrender. A powerful Elixist and poisoner. Scholarly, so usually the one to inform the guilds on mesmer. Husband to Junius.
- A Profetik Alver who can taste lies. Once kidnapped and sold to the Timorans, then rescued by the Blood Wraith. An honorary member of the Guild of Shade in the Northern Kingdom. Wife to Niklas. Friend to the Nightrender.
- A Falkyn and close friend to Junius and Niklas.
- A street thief and shady friend of Malin Strom. Lover of Inge Vill.
- Seamstress and lover to Hob. Sister of Edvard and Oskar Vill, both high ranking Skydguard to the Black Palace.
- The Lord Magnate of the Black Palace. The overlord of the East. An Anomali Alver with the power to alter memories.
- The Lady Magnate. Ivar’s wife and mother to Niall and Luca.
- Son of the Lord Magnate Ivar and Britta. Friend of Kase and the Guild of Kryv. Childhood sweetheart of Dagny. Turned Dagny’s lover again and father of Von Grym in later books.
- A former thrall/serf of the Black Palace. Childhood sweetheart of Luca Grym. Sold into the cheer houses (brothel) Lover to Luca Grym and mother to Von Grym.
- Heir of the Black Palace. Firstborn of Ivar and Britta Grym. Abuser of Dagny, and brother to Luca.
- An Alver of the Black Palace. Called a Benevolent and the opposite of Kase. Instead of controlling with fear, he uses hope to manipulate.
Ansel and Sasha:
- Employed by House Strom. Friends to Hagen Strom and protectors of Malin. Parents of Dain and Metta (both children later adopted by Herja and Hagen)
- Steelman in Klockglas. Man who aids the Guild of Kryv in rescuing cheer girls, and supporter of Malin during an uprising.
- A Southern princess from the Court of Stars. A visionary who often spouts out prophecy without being able to control it. Betrothed to Gunnar Strom.
Honorary Characters mentioned:
Jonas and Sig Eld
- Malin’s biological parents
Sander and Anja Eriksson
- Kase’s parents
Small Appearances in the East for future series and books:
- The King of the Ever Kingdom. A sea fae.
- Thorvald’s brother. A sea fae who threatens Valen Ferus.
- Young son of Thorvald. The prince of the Ever Kingdom. Captive of the Black Palace to use for his healing blood. His blood also can poison and destroy.
The Southern Kingdom: (Books 7-8)
- Fae magic. There are various abilities. They can cause flowers to bloom, create illusions, use astrology, have power from the sun or moon, shape shift, or even use blood work in blood rites.
The Fae Courts:
- Court of Hearts (home of the High King and High Court)
- Court of Blood (home of the blood fae)
- Court of Serpents (home of the forest fae)
- Court of Stars (home of the star seer, visionary fae)
- Former inner guard for the High Court. Loyalist to the Southern Isles, secret shape shifter. Bound to serve Ari Sekundär for one hundred years after being named a traitor in the battle of the east. (more information to come when the book releases)
- New High King of the Southern Isles. A revel goer, and friend to Ambassador Ari Sekundär from the Northern Kingdom of Etta. His strength wanes and grows with the moon cycles.
- Former High Queen. Mother of Bracken and Signe. Lost her throne to her son after losing a battle in the East. Astrid compels other fae to her bidding as well as having an ability to bind fae with fiery ropes.
- Bracken’s younger sister. A High Princess of the Court of Hearts.
- A huldra, or a fae with the power of lust. Inner guard for Bracken and the High Court.
- A tracker fae. Friend of Bracken and Rune and inner guard for the High Court.
- A blood fae with the ability to turn people to stone on rare occasions. Friend of Bracken and Bo. Inner guard for the High Court.
- Blood Lord. The leader of the Court of Blood.
- Heir to the Court of Blood. Gorm’s son.
- Captain in the Court of Blood. Gorm’s brother-in-law.
- Lord over the Court of Serpents. A forest fae who lives for revelry.
- Lady over the Court of Serpents. A forest fae of a spell caster bloodline who can read runes and magic of others.
- Troll female who fought in the eastern battles and now helps keep up Ari’s longhouse since she favors Stieg.
- A troll steward in Ambassador Ari’s longhouse. Keeps the house and staff.
Celeste and Iris:
- Eryka’s mothers in the Court of Stars
- A mimicker fae with the ability to steal the likeness of others.
Western Kingdom: Book 9 (More information will be added as the series comes to a close. There are too many potential spoilers)
- Fate’s magic. The ability to alter a path of fate either through song or writing.
- Calista’s brother (more spoilers as books release)
The Family Trees For the North and East
Circles of color will indicate if the characters cross over into other kingdoms.
red dots indicate Northern Kingdom cross over